Annie Besant lived between 1 October 1847 and 20 September 1933. She was a British theosophist, Feminist and orator. She was a greater supporter of Indian Self-rule. She was a prominent speaker for the National Secular Society, Fabian Society, and the Marxist Social Democratic Federation. She helped establish the Central Hindu College and the Hyderabad National Collegiate Board in Mumbai. This post-Annie Besant Quotes – Excellent and Extraordinary quotations of Annie Besant – will help the reader community to navigate through the burdens of Human Life in a more perfect and peaceful way. She joined Indian National Congress. During the World War I, she helped launch the Home Rule League to campaign for Indian Democracy. She was the president of the Indian National Congress in 1917. She became the President of the Theosophical Society in 1907.
ANNIE BESANT QUOTES -Excellent and Extraordinary Quotations of Annie Besant
- Better remain silent, better not even think, if you are not prepared to act.
- No philosophy and no religion has ever brought so glad a message to the world as this good news of Atheism.
- Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd.
- Knowledge is essential to conquest; only according to our ignorance are we helpless.
Thought creates a character. A character can dominate conditions. Willpower create circumstances and environment?
- The true Mystic, realizing God has no need of any scriptures, for he has touched the source whence all scriptures follow.
- Liberty is a great celestial goddess, strong, beneficent and austere, and she can never descend upon a nation by the shouting of crowds, nor by arguments of unbridled passion, nor by the hatred of class against class.
- For centuries, the leaders of Christian thought spoke of women as a necessary evil, and the greatest saints of the Church are those who despise women the most.
- Never forget that life can only be inspired and rightly lived if you take bravely and gallantly, as splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle.
- One should read less, and think more if we want to increase our ability to understand.
- India is a country in which every great religion finds a home.
You are reading Annie Besant Quotes
- Evil is only imperfection that which is not complete which is becoming but has not yet found its end.
- An Atheist waits for proof of God. Till that proof comes he remains, as his name implies, without God. His mind is open to every new truth after it has passed the warder reason at the gate.
- No philosophy, no religion, has ever brought so glad a message to the world as this good news of Atheism.
- Empty-brained triflers who have never tried to think, who take their creed as they take their fashions, speak of atheism as the outcome of foul life and vicious desires.
- Purification is but the cleaning of the lamp-glass which hides the Light.
- No soul that aspires can ever fall to raise, no heart that loves can ever be abandoned. Difficulties exist only that in overcoming them. We may grow strong, and they who have suffered are able to save.
- Let Indian history be set side by side with Europe history with what there is of the latter century by century and let us see whether India need blush at the comparison.
- The body is never more alive than when it is dead, but it is alive in its units, and dead in its totality. Alive as a congeries, dead as an organism.
- Only according to our ignorance are we helpless, Thought creates a character?
- To other countries, I may go as a Tourist, but to India, I come as a Pilgrim.
- Sun-worship and pure forms of nature-worship were, in their day, noble religions, highly allegorical but full of profound truth and knowledge.
- Religions are branches from a common trunk- Human ignorance.
- My own life in India since I came to it in 1893 to make it my home, has been devoted to one purpose-to give back to India her ancient freedom.
- We are all masters of tomorrow, however much we are hampered today by the results of our yesterday.
- One of the great advantages of cremation- apart from all sanitary conditions, – lies in the swift restoration to Mother Nature of the material elements composing the physical and astral corpses, brought about by the burning.
- In the light of reincarnation, life changes its aspect, for it becomes the school of the eternal Man within us, who seeks therein his development, the Man that was and is not shall be, for whom the hour will never strike.
To me in my childhood, elves and fairies of all sorts were very real things, and my dolls were as real children as I was myself a child.
You are Reading Annie Besant Quotes
- Clairvoyants can see flashes of colour, constantly changing the aura that surrounds every person. Each thought each feeling thus translating itself in the astral world, visible to the astral sight.
- Men are at every stage of evolution, from the most barbarous to the most developed. Men are found of lofty intelligence, but also of the most unevolved mentality. In one place there is a highly developed and complex civilization, in another a crude and simple polity.
- All mankind, being all equal and independent – no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions.
- Theosophy tries to bridge the gulf between Buddhism and Christianity by pointing to the fundamental spiritual truths on which both religions are built, and by winning people to regard the Buddha and the Christ as fellow-labourers, and not as rivals.
- Morality is the Science of harmonious relations between intelligent beings.
- It is not monogamy when there are one legal wife and mistresses out of sight
- Science regards man as an aggregation of atoms temporarily united by a mysterious force called the like principle. To the materialist, the only difference between a living and a dead body is that in the one case that force is active, in the other latent.
FINAL WORDS FOR THE POST – ANNIE BESANT QUOTES
Annie Besant fought for the right causes. She fought for the freedom of thought and workers’ rights. Her decision in favour of socialism developed a close relationship with G B Shaw. G B Shaw sponsored Annie Besant to join the Fabian Society. She was a prolific writer and a Powerful orator. This post- Annie Besant Quotes – Excellent and Extraordinary Quotations of Annie Besant shall help you understand the importance of values to be maintained in Human Life. These Annie Besant Quotes are collected from the Online and off-line sources. This post-Annie Besant Quotes may be shared among the friends, family members, relatives, acquaintances and well-wishers if you want to make their lives better since “Sharing is Caring”